- 15.04.2016 | 15:00Iranian and Italian railways plan to cooperate in high-speed traffic
(according to FS Italiane)
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between Mohsen Pour Seyed Aghaie, Deputy Minister of Roads and Urban Development - Chairman of the Board and CEO of Railway of the Islamic Republic of Iran, and Renato Mazzoncini, FS Italiane CEO in Tehran on 9 February 2016.
- 15.04.2016 | 14:57First container train from China to Iran launched
(according to the Xinhua news agency)
A container train to Iran started from the city of Yiwu in Eastern China on 28 January 2016 transit through the territories of China, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan and Iran.
- 15.04.2016 | 13:48Heads of the Railways of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Russia have agreed to update the model of UTLC development
(according to the UTLC JSC)
On 29 March 2016 a tripartite meeting was held in Moscow attended by Head of Byelorussian Railway Vladimir Morozov, President of "Kazakhstan Temir Zholy National Company" JSC Askar Mamin and President of RZD JSC Oleg Belozyorov which subject was to discuss some collaboration issues within the United Transport and Logistics Company (UTLC JSC).
- 11.03.2016 | 19:29Official Reception on the Occasion of the 60th Anniversary of OSJD
On 10 March 2016 OSJD hosted an official reception in Marriott hotel in Warsaw (Republic of Poland) devoted to the 60th anniversary of its foundation. The reception was attended by HE Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary and Charges d'Affaires ad Interim of diplomatic missions of OSJD member countries, representatives of Sejm and Senate of the Republic of Poland, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Infrastructure and Construction of the Republic of Poland, heads of structural divisions of PKP JSC and OSJD affiliated enterprises from the Republic of Poland, representatives of OSJD Committee and foreign railways in the Republic of Poland, veterans of railway branch and many other guests.
- 01.03.2016 | 14:41New InterPanter trains to run between Prague and Brno
(according to Ceske drahy)
The first modern InterPanter electric multiple units of Czech Railways JSC (CD) have been deployed on the Prague - Brno fast train line, which has a greater number of stops and supplements existing connections between the two cities in the InterCity category.
- 01.03.2016 | 14:39Bulk sulphur load sent from Uzbekistan to Pakistan via Iran for the first time
(according to RAI)
According to the Department of Trade and Marketing of RAI (Railway of the Islamic Republic of Iran), bulk sulphur load was sent via Iran from Uzbekistan to Pakistan for the first time.
- 01.03.2016 | 14:36Start of first container block train Dalian - Vorsino
(according to TASS, Interfax and Dalian Jibao)
On 26-27 January 2016 a working meeting was held in Dalian (China) attended by the delegations of the People's Republic of China, Russian Federation and Republic of Korea represented by the government officials, top managers of logistics and port companies, as well as Samsung Electronics Corporation. During the meeting, a Memorandum on the establishment of "International Logistics Corridor Dalian -Kaluga" was signed.
- 22.01.2016 | 16:53Joint Meeting of Plenipotentiary Representatives of the of the Members of OSJD Ministerial Conference and the Conference of General Directors (authorized representatives) of OSJD Railways
The joint meeting, held on 8-11 December 2015 in the OSJD Committee in Warsaw, was attended by the plenipotentiary representatives of the members of OSJD Ministerial Conference and/or plenipotentiary representatives of the members of the Conference of General Directors from:
- 04.12.2015 | 10:32Belarus Railways begin electrification of Molodechno – Gudogai state border railway line
(according to Byelorussian Railway)
The official groundbreaking ceremony marking the start of construction, assembling and electrification activities at Molodechno – Gudogai state border railway line took place at Prudy railway station near Molodechno on 24 September 2015.
- 04.12.2015 | 10:27Four new traction substations opened in Czech Republic
(according to SZDC
On 24 September 2015, the Railway Infrastructure Administration of the Czech Republic completed the construction of traction substtions in Rikovice, Stfelna, Usti u Vsetina and Valasske Mezifici. The new converter stations are crucial for ensuring safety and reliable operation on the respective line sections. The need to implement these constructions resulted in particular from increasing requirements to power railway lines safely.