Session XLVI of the OSJD Ministerial Conference (press-release)
On 5 June 2018, Session XLVI of the OSJD Ministerial Conference has started its work in the capital of the Kyrgyz Republic, the city of Bishkek,. The Session is attended by ministers and authorized representatives of ministries and bodies responsible for railway transport of the OSJD member countries of the following states:
Republic of Azerbaijan, Republic of Belarus, Republic of Bulgaria, Hungary, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Georgia, Republic of Kazakhstan, People’s Republic of China, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Kyrgyz Republic, Republic of Latvia, Republic of Lithuania, Republic of Moldova, Mongolia, Republic of Poland, Russian Federation, Romania, Slovak Republic, Republic of Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Republic of Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Republic of Estonia.
Representatives of the OSJD affiliated enterprises - JSC "PLASKE" and KORAIL Corporation, as well as OSJD Committee are taking part in the Session. Attending the Session are also guests from the Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs of the Republic of Korea, as well as from the following international organisations: UNECE Inland Transport Committee, Eurasian Economic Commission (EaEC), Directorate General for Mobility and Transport of the European Commission (DG MOVE), Intergovernmental Organisation for International Railway Transport (OTIF), International Railway Transport Committee (CIT), International Union of Railways (UIC).
The following issues are on the agenda of the session:
- OSJD membership of the Republic of Korea.
- Report on the OSJD activities for 2017.
- Report of the OSJD Auditing Commission for 2017.
- Work progress of the OSJD Commission on Transport Policy and Development Strategy for 2017.
- Work progress of the OSJD Commission on Transport Law for 2017.
- Amendment of the “Agreement on the Organisational and Operational Aspects of Combined Transport in the Euro-Asian Traffic”.
- Work progress of the International Conference for the adoption of the text of the draft Convention on Direct International Railway Traffic.
- Information from the OSJD Committee Chairman on the work progress in the UNECE activities “Towards Unified Railway Law in the Pan-European Region and in the Euro-Asian Transport Corridors”.
- Work progress of the Ad Hoc Working Group on Vocational Training/Education in Railway Transport.
- OSJD Work Programme for 2019 and subsequent years.
- Payment of membership fees.
- OSJD Committee Budget (final - for 2018, preliminary - for 2019).
- Distribution of posts in the OSJD Committee managing board, chairpersons/chairmen and specialists in OSJD working bodies, starting from 1 July 2018.
- Appointment of the OSJD Committee managing board.
- Draft provisional agenda, venue and date of the XLVII session of the OSJD Ministerial Conference.
The session is planned till Friday, 8 June.PrintBack to list